Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a chronic, progressive form of lung disease, currently with no known cause or cure. IPF can have a significant impact on the family, which can carry over to students pursuing higher education. InterMune established the IPF Legacy Scholarship Program to recognize this and assist individuals who are living with IPF and their families. A legacy may be a vocation, avocation, talent, personal characteristic or social contribution that makes that person unique and admirable. What has this person done in their life that you would like to continue on their behalf? Why do you feel it is important to continue this legacy?The InterMune IPF Legacy Scholarship Program recognizes the achievements of individuals living with IPF and their family members, helping them carry on their family legacy.
InterMune Canada is extending five (5) one-time scholarships of $2,500 CAN to the students of family members living with IPF, who are entering into or currently attending a post-secondary educational institution. Selection of recipients will be at the sole discretion of an independent selection committee from across Canada.
Applicants of any age are encouraged to apply. All applicants must:
• Be a legal and permanent resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen ordinarily residing in Canada;
• Have a family member diagnosed with IPF by a physician;
• Seeking an associate, undergraduate, or graduate degree from a Canadian university; college; or enrolled in a trade school educational diploma; and,
• Enrolled in or awaiting acceptance from a Canadian-based institution of higher education.
All applicants must submit the following, postmarked by July 15:
• A complete application, including an official academic transcript;
• Proof of IPF diagnosis from your family member’s treating physician;
• A one-page essay outlining how you plan on continuing the legacy of your family member living with IPF; and,
• Two (2) letters of personal recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, coach, colleague or employer.
Please follow the links below for a downloadable application form, criteria and information sheet:
InterMune IPF Legacy Scholarship Program Information Sheet
InterMune IPF Legacy Scholarship Program Application
InterMune IPF Legacy Scholarship Program Criteria #1
InterMune IPF Legacy Scholarship Program Criteria #2
Please send completed application to:
InterMune IPF Legacy Scholarship Program
c/o Prizsm Public Affairs Inc.
9000 Keele St. Unit #8
Vaughan, ON, L4K 2N2
Be sure to complete and postmark applications by July 15.
For more information, please contact:
Prizsm Public Affairs Inc.